New vocabulary acquisition is a pain and chore.
You wish there was that magic button you could press to allow your English to become instantaneously sophisticated. You wish people would hang off your every word as you fascinate them with fancy linguistics.
Here are a few suggestions to get you started…
- Listen for the words that you understand but don’t necessarily actively use.
- Gain new vocabulary by reading articles from The Monthly magazine – or any other good writing (hard to find).
- Set aside 10 minutes of every day to revise your new vocab list.
- Search for spelling mistakes in the MX paper on the way home.
- Come to the next E4B Conversation Meet-Up on 25 November at York Lane.